Tuesday, December 20, 2011

welcome

As an engineering student, it's in my nature to tinker and build stuff. I guess you can say it always has been in my nature. Perhaps that's why my mom was pissed when I took the VCR apart when I was 10. Becoming an engineer was just a self fulfilling prophecy I suppose. 

So I love to fly fish. And holy shit, is the fly fishing industry filled with stuff. Gadgets and gizmos of all kinds, generally over priced. I've found a few solutions that make life easier and save money. So I hope to share those with you, as well so some fly patterns and maybe a few long term projects like a rod build and a reel build (from scratch, milled bar stock, like a boss).

It might not always be DIY or fly fishing, but it should be interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment